Dermaroller is a beauty tool that increases the levels of collagen and elastin in patient skin. When rolling the dermaroller over the skin of the patient, the practitioner produces thousands of micro points into the dermis and the pores open temporarily.
Using a topical anesthetic, the practitioner can make the procedure more comfortable to patient. The skin will initiate a healing process because of those micro points opened by dermaroller and new collagen is formed, new skin cells are generated and blood supply is enhanced.
It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration and repair are seen, but some patients notice results after the first session! And this process will continue over months with long lasting results.
What dermaroller is effective for?
Dermaroller was created in Germany and has been increasingly used as a cosmetic procedure in many countries. It stimulates collagen and elastin production for both men and women. It has been proved to be more effective than laser and surgery for scar reduction, in addition to stretch mark and wrinkle elimination!
Some of the problems dermaroller can treat:
- Stretch marks
- Acne and surgical scars
- Wrinkles and anti-aging
- Ice pick and chickenpox scars
- Treating or reducing cellulite
- Enlarged pores
- Lack of firmnes
- Age spots & sun damage
- Under-eye bags
- Hair loss
- Hyper pigmentation
Benefits of the dermaroller
- It causes a 40% improvement in ageing and a 60% improvement in scar reduction in only 5 to 6 treatments!
- It induces maximum absorption of your wrinkle cream or any anti-aging creams, giving you an ‘instant facelift’.
- It destroys old skin cells and scar tissue, replacing them with brand new skin cells.
- Highly effective treatment for surgery scars, burn scars, acne scars, chicken pox scars, pitting of the skin, large pores and much more.
- Similar results to laser treatment, chemical peels and dermabrasion.
- Remove loose skin, lines and wrinkles on the face.
- Improve blood supply to remove cellulite.
- Improve thinning hair and hair loss/alopecia.
- The dermaroller lessens dimpling of the skin, improves skin colour and texture of aged skin.
In my Cosmetic Acupuncture Workshops I teach the Dermaroller techniques and also explain its benefits to the patients, in addition to others Cosmetic techniques that can improve the results. See the workshop program here.