A very interesting article was published this week on The Korea Times. The author, a Korean practitioner, explains the benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture for patients.
According to him, nowadays we have more cosmetic treatment options. However, most of these options bring also some concerns about side effects, such as appearing unnatural or requiring a long time for treatment. These explain why so many people search for acupuncture as anti-aging treatment.
We have 6 meridian systems in face and the acupuncture points along them are stimulated through cosmetic acupuncture treatment, bringing the rejuvenation of skin and relaxing muscles of face.
Benefits of cosmetic acupuncture:
- It doesn’t require anesthesia nor surgery;
- No artificial prostheses nor drugs injected;
- Natural appearance;
- Daily activities can be resumed immediately after treatment;
- There are hardly any side effects;
- Rejuvenation of facial skin;
- Laughter lines become less pronounced;
- Improve lines around eyes.
The author also highlights that cosmetic acupuncture is for both face and body and promotes overall balance to the patient health. According to Oriental medicine, to have a healthy complexion and appearance, our organs must be in harmony. That explains why some practitioners prescribe herbal medication to treat body while doing cosmetic acupuncture is their patients.